Ashoka is a fully residential campus and has been equipped to house around 1150 students ( with the incoming Undergraduate and YIF batches by August 2016) in 715 fully furnished, air-conditioned rooms ( 325 of which will be newly opened in August 2016). Residences have common bathrooms on each floor, a lounge area and facilities for laundry and fitness.
On-Campus Dining: The centrally-located dining hall has a multi-cuisine menu and offers three nutritious meals and evening snacks each day. The meal-system functions on a pay-per meal model which enables students to pay only for the meals they eat. A tuck shop and a cooperative store is open for students to purchase both fresh and packaged food, and other general provisions. Various eateries on campus offer further variety in food, some of which remain open through the night with delivery options for students’ convenience.
Wifi enabled campus: The campus is fully wifi-enabled. Students also have access to online resources and state-of-the-art IT infrastructure to support their educational endeavors. Additionally, the IT department at the University also helps students with any difficulties they may face.
Library: Our library is open 24-7 so that students have a quiet space to work at all hours of the day. The library provides students with proper access to online resources in the form of books, journals, articles, and other databases that are essential to conducting proper research, regardless of the topic. The library also has a centralized database system that allows students to locate books easily. Our collection has been selected by the University faculty so while many of our books coincide with the curriculum, there are also a number of texts for students to read in their free time. There is also a documentation center for students’ photocopying, scanning and printing needs.
For travel to and from the University, we have shuttle services that work on an hourly or half-hourly schedule. These shuttles transport students to and from the Jahangirpuri metro station, which is towards the north on the Delhi Metro Yellow Line.
Security of its students is of paramount importance to Ashoka University. There are CCTV cameras at all exit points that are staffed by security personnel at all hours. Smoke detectors and fire alarms are placed in every room of the buildings on campus.
Subscribe to our updates
Stay up-to-date with our latest news and events!
Generous aid policy to fuel your dreams
More than 50% of our students are on scholarships.
Ashoka in the News
- Ali Khan Mahmudabad: SP Decision on Alliance is a Calculated One
- Gilles Verniers : The bicycle and other stories
- Ali Khan Mahmudabad: UP Election 2017 - The Myth of the United Muslim Vote
- Durba Chattaraj : Read Dead People.
- Saikat Majumdar : 2016 and the liberal art of life
- Gilles Verniers : In it for the short haul
- Aditi Sriram : A Novel of Infidelity in a Fast-Changing India
- Gilles Verniers :UP assembly is more representative of various castes than it used to be
- Saikat Majumdar : A brief history of the modern Indian university
- The Fellowship that helps create agents of change
- 05 Apr Young Scholars Programme for high school students at Ashoka this summer
- 04 Apr Wellesely College team visits Ashoka Campus; streamlines partnership
- 01 Apr Applications invited for the Chief Minister’s Good Governance Associates programme
- 25 Mar Women’s month at Ashoka University
- 23 Mar Trivedi Centre for Political Data discusses new research methods to study Indian politics
- 23 Oct Ashoka University gets its first Alumni Association
- 12 Oct Reimagining Shakespeare: The Bard of Sonepat
- 10 Oct Combining theatre and education towards social change
- 08 Oct Yale University and Ashoka University Expand Their Collaboration