Ashoka University offers two levels of postgraduate programmes at present. The first is the Young India Fellowship (YIF), a one-year multidisciplinary diploma programme in Liberal Studies. Now in its sixth year, the YIF has rapidly become one of the most sought-after programmes in India. YIF alumni are making their mark in some of the top organisations across the public, private and social sectors.
The second postgraduate offering at Ashoka is the Masters in Liberal Studies (MLS). This is a degree programme taken by students who have graduated with a diploma in Liberal Studies from the Young India Fellowship, and have been accepted by an Ashoka University faculty mentor to work on a specific research project as a graduate assistant. The programme is highly interdisciplinary and entails coursework from a variety of disciplines.
Young India Fellowship
The Young India Fellowship (YIF) is a one-year multidisciplinary postgraduate diploma programme in Liberal Studies. The Fellowship brings together a group of bright young men and women who show exceptional intellectual ability and leadership potential from across the country, and trains them to become socially committed agents of change. YIF exposes students to a diverse set of subjects and perspectives, delivered by some of the finest teachers from India and around the world. The aim is to help Fellows become well-rounded individuals who are able to think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and go on to become self-aware leaders with a commitment to public service. YIF commenced its first academic session in June 2011 with 57 Fellows selected from among 2,000 applicants. For information about its applications, admission process and courses visit – http://www.youngindiafellowship.com/Apply.aspx
Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
The Master of Arts (MA) in Liberal Studies at Ashoka University is a 32-credit, one-year programme taken by students who have graduated with a diploma in Liberal Studies from the Young India Fellowship, and have been accepted by an Ashoka University faculty mentor to work on a specific research project as a graduate assistant. The programme is highly interdisciplinary and entails coursework from a variety of disciplines, including the humanities, social sciences, behavioural sciences and the natural sciences. The purpose of a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies is to train students to think critically about their disciplines of interest, while deriving insights from other disciplines. Students are allowed the flexibility to design their own curriculum, in consultation with their faculty mentor, and often choose to work on projects across two or more disciplines. The focus is on nurturing curiosity for... Read more
Subscribe to our updates
Stay up-to-date with our latest news and events!
Generous aid policy to fuel your dreams
More than 50% of our students are on scholarships.
Ashoka in the News
- Saikat Majumdar : Reimagining intelligence in the classroom
- Gopalkrishna Gandhi : This war cloud has a new shape
- Saikat Majumdar : Can you teach someone to be a writer?
- Gilles Verniers : Samajwadi Party, family, continuity
- Abhinash Borah : Belonging, at the margins
- Aparajita Dasgupta : So that mothers can work
- Jonathan Gil Harris : The Bard in Bhojpuri: How Shakespeare’s storytelling resonates with our culture
- New science majors from Ashoka University
- Nayanjot Lahiri : Ravana in Uttar Pradesh
- Pulapre Balakrishnan : Retrofitting the Reserve Bank
- 05 Apr Young Scholars Programme for high school students at Ashoka this summer
- 04 Apr Wellesely College team visits Ashoka Campus; streamlines partnership
- 01 Apr Applications invited for the Chief Minister’s Good Governance Associates programme
- 25 Mar Women’s month at Ashoka University
- 23 Mar Trivedi Centre for Political Data discusses new research methods to study Indian politics
- 23 Oct Ashoka University gets its first Alumni Association
- 12 Oct Reimagining Shakespeare: The Bard of Sonepat
- 10 Oct Combining theatre and education towards social change
- 08 Oct Yale University and Ashoka University Expand Their Collaboration