The Centre for Individual and Group Experience (CIGE) is one-of-a-kind on-campus counselling center at Ashoka University which is dedicated to the care and well-being of mental health of the Ashoka fraternity. It is comprised of trained psychoanalytic psychotherapists and a mental health counsellor who offer a range of services from individual counselling sessions to group workshops. The Centre also works towards building awareness about mental health issues by organising guest sessions, seminars and educational workshops. For more information, please click here.
The liberal arts education offered at Ashoka University inculcates critical thinking skills and recognises that these are inextricably linked to the practice and art of effective academic writing. A flagship facility in India, the Centre for Writing and Communication helps students learn how to think analytically and innovatively and write cogently and lucidly. The CWC works with students through one-on-one tutorials, group sessions, or larger workshops that are designed in consultation with faculty and tailored to specific disciplinary, assignment, and student needs. For more information, please click here.
Ashoka University offers an inclusive education framework that welcomes, nurtures and supports students with learning difficulties. As an essential component of the framework, the Office of Learning Support (OLS) has been established at the University to design various activities and coordinate the entire process for students seeking help related to learning disabilities.
Many noteworthy people across the globe — scientists, teachers, artists, writers, entrepreneurs, activists, politicians — have had to overcome learning difficulties in order to excel in their chosen field. With our focus on inclusive education, it is our hope that every Ashoka student can likewise find their own path to excellence. For more information, please click here.
Subscribe to our updates
Stay up-to-date with our latest news and events!
Generous aid policy to fuel your dreams
More than 50% of our students are on scholarships.
Ashoka in the News
- Gilles Verniers : The bicycle and other stories
- Durba Chattaraj : Read Dead People.
- Saikat Majumdar : 2016 and the liberal art of life
- Gilles Verniers : In it for the short haul
- Gilles Verniers :UP assembly is more representative of various castes than it used to be
- Saikat Majumdar : A brief history of the modern Indian university
- The Fellowship that helps create agents of change
- Rajkamal Singh : As the Yadav family feud rages, the Samajwadi Party is cracking at the base
- Saikat Majumdar : Reimagining intelligence in the classroom
- Saikat Majumdar : Can you teach someone to be a writer?
- 05 Apr Young Scholars Programme for high school students at Ashoka this summer
- 04 Apr Wellesely College team visits Ashoka Campus; streamlines partnership
- 01 Apr Applications invited for the Chief Minister’s Good Governance Associates programme
- 25 Mar Women’s month at Ashoka University
- 23 Mar Trivedi Centre for Political Data discusses new research methods to study Indian politics
- 23 Oct Ashoka University gets its first Alumni Association
- 12 Oct Reimagining Shakespeare: The Bard of Sonepat
- 10 Oct Combining theatre and education towards social change
- 08 Oct Yale University and Ashoka University Expand Their Collaboration