To ensure accessibility and to inculcate confidence in students and their approach towards engagement with the performing arts, a variety of courses offered by the department do not have any prerequisites.
Some of the courses with prerequisites are:
- PA-3005 Production Skills (Monsoon 2020)
Student must have completed one of three courses- PA-1003 Developing Performance Skills/ PA-2006 Asian Traditional Theatre/ Bharatanatyam (any level)
- PA-3007 Bharatanatyam: Expression and Technique (Monsoon 2020)
Student must have at least an intermediate proficiency in bharatanatyam.
- PA-2008 Bharatanatyam: Stage Repertoire (Spring 2021)
Student must have basic proficiency in bharatanatyam.
- PA-3008 General Music II (Spring 2021)
Student must have completed PA-2010 General Music or have basic proficiency in hindustani music.
- PA-4001 Indian Poetics: Rasa Theory (Spring 2021)
Student must have completed at least two (any) Performing Arts courses.