Welcome to Ashoka University's Undergraduate Admissions.
The Ashoka University Application Form for Undergraduate Admissions for the Session commencing in August 2018 is now closed. Application Forms will reopen mid-October 2018 if you wish to apply for the academic session commencing in August 2019.
Submitting the Application Form
Applicants must fill the application form online through the website. An applicant cannot submit more than one form in one admissions cycle. There is no fees/cost for beginning or submitting an application.
Please click here to download a sample of the Ashoka Undergraduate Application Form.
The Interview Round
Once an application form has been submitted, it is reviewed by the Admissions Committee, which shortlists candidates for the interview round. Interviews are conducted across multiple locations in India depending on the applications received.
All shortlisted candidates are required to attend the interview round in person. In case a candidate is unable to appear for the interview round at any of the given venues, s/he has the option of being a part of it over Skype.
Components of the Interview round:
On the spot essay – Mandatory (30 minutes)
Ashoka Aptitude Test – Mandatory, optional for SAT/ACT takers (90 minutes)
Interview with our Panel – Mandatory
Please click here to download a summary and two sample papers of the Ashoka Aptitude Test.
Shortlisted candidates will be informed about the details of the interview round on their registered email address.
Admissions Related Policies
Please find the details of each of Ashoka University’s Undergraduate Admissions Policies on the tabs below. We request you to read through all the policies carefully.
- The applicant cannot apply more than once in the entire admissions cycle for the year. Duplicate applications will not be considered and might lead to termination of the applicant’s candidature
- The round in which an applicant applies, does not affect his/her chances of being shortlisted for the interview round or for admission to Ashoka University
- Misrepresentation of facts or any information in an applicant’s application form would result in cancellation of his/her candidature or withdrawal of his/her offer of admission
- All decisions of the Admissions Committee are final. No request for reevaluation of an applicant’s application will be considered once the final decision has been sent
- The choice of preferred Majors specified in the application form are only indicative in nature. Undergraduate students at Ashoka University will have to declare their Major at the end of the third semester
- The Admissions process will be followed in its entirety on the basis of the merit of the applicant, and no other formal or informal recommendations from or through any individual(s) will be entertained or considered
Once the applicant has completed all the components of the application process, the Admissions Committee will evaluate his/her candidature. Our admissions decisions are based on the following policies:
- Ashoka University does not have a deferral policy. Your admission offer is only valid for the Undergraduate Programme starting in August 2018. If you wish to join in August 2019, you will have to reapply and go through the entire admissions process in the next admissions cycle
- Ashoka University does not accept credits transfer from other universities at the time of admission. If you wish to apply and are offered admission, you will have to start as a first-year Undergraduate student at Ashoka University
- To get a firm offer of admission from Ashoka University, an applicant needs to have taken the SAT or ACT or Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT). Our DI Code for SAT applicants is – 7343. All applicants applying with SAT/ ACT scores need to send us their official transcripts
- Applicants without any one of the above scores are not eligible for a firm offer of admission
- For applicants whose final class XII board examination scores are not available at the time of evaluation, the SAT/ACT or the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) may be used to make a firm offer of admission. This is especially helpful for the first round of admissions where most applicants may not have their final board examination scores
- The higher score out of Ashoka Aptitude Test or ACT or SAT or class XII board marks will be considered while taking a decision on an applicant’s candidature
- No applicant will be rejected before receiving the final class XII board scores
- Once applicants have gone through the interview round they can expect to receive one of following communications:
Firm offer of admission
Conditional offer of admission
Waitlisted (possibility of an offer at the end of the admissions cycle or earlier)
Deferred (possibility of an offer after receiving final class XII scores)
Denial of admission
Ashoka Aptitude Test Policies (AAT)
The Ashoka Aptitude Test is mandatory for applicants who are shortlisted for the interview process. However, it is optional for applicants who have previously taken the SAT/ACT. Below are the Ashoka Aptitude Test (AAT) policies:
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test is a multiple choice aptitude test with questions on verbal, quantitative, logical and analytical reasoning
- The test is conducted online
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test will be administered on the day of the interview and will be conducted at the interview venue
- The Ashoka Aptitude Test / SAT / ACT assists an applicant in getting a firm offer of admission in the absence of Class XII board score
Educational Board-Specific Policies
Please click here to read Ashoka University's educational board specific policies.
- Students of Ashoka University who wish to Major or Minor in the following disciplines should have studied Mathematics in their senior school years (Class XI and XII).
- Economics / Economics and Finance / Economics and History / Politics, Philosophy and Economics / Mathematics / Computer Science / Computer Science and Entrepreneurship / Computer Science and Mathematics / Physics
Undergraduate Programme Fee Structure (2018-2019)
||Amount (INR) per annum
- Admissions Fee of INR 35,000 at the time of acceptance of the offer of admission
- Refundable Security Deposit of INR 50,000 at the time of acceptance of an offer of admission. The Security Deposit will be refunded at the time of graduation from Ashoka University or at the time of withdrawal of admission from the programme
- Refundable Meal Cost Security Deposit of INR 25,000 at the time of payment of Semester 1 fee. The meal cost security deposit will be refunded at the time of graduation from Ashoka University or at the time of withdrawal of admission from the programme
More information about the Fees
- The costs mentioned are calculated in Indian Rupees (INR)
- Meals will be charged on the basis of consumption of the student
- The Hostel Fee is based on an average stay-duration of nine months a year. Special permissions must be sought if a student seeks to stay on campus during vacations
- The Hostel Fee component includes the following: Room and utilities such as water, electricity (100% backup and air conditioning), and laundry facilities
- Services such as books, printing, photocopies, stationery, etc. will be charged on actuals adding up to INR 10,000 approximately
- The annual fee is subject to revision in consonance with inflation. In the last three years, our fee has gone up by approximately 8% annually. However, this percentage is not fixed and is subject to change
Admissions Related Fees
The candidate will be required to deposit an amount of INR 260,000 to confirm her/his offer of admission by the acceptance deadline for the round in which s/he has applied.
This Acceptance Fee amount includes the following:
- Admissions Fee of INR 35,000
- Tuition Fee of 175,000 INR (adjustable in Semester 1 Tuition Fee)
- Refundable Security Deposit of INR 50,000
The student who has confirmed his/her offer of admission will be required to pay the remaining Semester 1 Fees (Tuition/Hostel/Meals) by August 10, 2018. The commencement date of the academic session is August 18, 2018.
If you are on financial aid, your fee structure will depend on the level of financial aid granted to you. To know more about our financial aid policy, click here.
Please click here to read through the Ashoka University's Refund Policy for 2017-18.
Ashoka University Admissions Office
For Application Related Queries refer below:
Timings: 9 AM to 5 PM
Email address: email@example.com
Admissions Helpline: +91 11 30506130/+917290060475/+917290060477
Address: No. 2, Green Avenue Street, Pocket D-3, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070