Kindly note that meal plan charges additionally amount to INR 50,000. Further information related to housing facilities, payment schedule and refund policy for admitted/enrolled candidates will be updated subsequently.
Ashoka University has collaborated with the following banks and organisations to provide admitted students with the option to explore education loans independent of our financial aid programme.
Please click on the following options for more details:
Ashoka University is committed to offering a world-class education in India. This is matched by efforts to ensure that this education is accessible and affordable for students from all walks of life, through our philosophy of need-based financial aid.The programme has helped support over 60% of our Young India Fellows through financial grants since its inception over ten years ago.
A candidate’s ability to pay is assessed based on various financial resources available to them and their immediate family, including current income, savings, investments, and education loans, to finance the expected educational cost. Our endeavour is to provide necessary financial support which can help admitted candidates bridge the gap between the cost of the programme and their ability to pay.
Financial Aid Application Process: YIF Class of 2023
You may apply for need-based Financial Aid only if your application is shortlisted for the Online Writing Test and Personal Interview. Please note that for the Class of 2022-23, the Financial Aid form will open once in each round: in early January 2022 for Round 1 candidates, and in early April 2022 for Round 2 candidates.
Your writing test and interview date is not related to the Financial Aid Form timelines. Please note that this is your only opportunity during the entire admission process to apply for aid. Requests made at any other time, especially after receiving an offer of admission, will not be entertained.
A. If you are shortlisted for the Online Writing Test and Personal Interview
Step 2: Start the process for obtaining documents and information required.
Mandatory documents for all earning family members (including the candidate, if applicable):
- Three-Year Income Tax Returns (financial years 2018-19, 2019-20 and 2020-21)
- Three-Month Salary Statements
- Twelve-Month Bank Account Statements
- Details of the family’s Financial Assets (movable and immovable property, investments, etc.)
Additional documents/information for Businesses/Professionals:
- Three-Year Income Tax Returns and Bank Statements
- Three-Year Financial Statements (Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet for the last three Financial Years)
- Form 26AS
- Details of main expenses (Loan Statements are mandatory if a loan expense is shown)
1) Haryana Domicile Certificate (if applicable) is mandatory for availing Haryana Resident benefits. (Haryana domicile students are eligible for a full or partial fee concession as per the Haryana Private Universities Act (2006). However, this is subject to the submission of their Government issued Haryana Resident Certificate (Domicile). Please note that Ashoka University reserves the right to determine the percentage of fee concession.)
2) Please note that we may ask for additional documents during assessment if required (for ex, pre-COVID salary slips, in case of reduced pay, GST receipts, etc.)
3) Documents need to be converted into PDF/JPG files of sizes under 2MB, with a minimum resolution of 200 DPI, which is readable. Zip folders under 2 mb containing all the documents are also accepted.
B. When you receive the email to complete the Financial Aid Form
The Financial Aid form will open once in each round: in early January 2022 for Round 1 candidates, and in early April 2022 for Round 2 candidates. Please follow the instructions and start the financial aid application immediately.
1. You will have 5 days from the email notification date to complete and submit the form.
2. Prepare for slow internet or other connectivity issues and do not wait until the last minute. 3. Candidates are expected to provide detailed comments and documents supporting their request. 4. The deadline is binding and will not be extended.
5. Forms not submitted will not be considered for Financial Aid.
C. When your aid application is being assessed
The Office of Financial Aid will verify and assess each candidate's application and information provided in the online form.The Financial Aid Committee will deliberate over the information and make a final decision.
1. Parents/guardians/family members may also be contacted during the verification process.
2. The Financial Aid Committee will not follow up for missing documents.
D. Final Decision and Acceptance of Offer
Your offer of admission will include the final decision on your Financial Aid application. Log into the Ashoka University Admitted Candidates' Portal (the link is provided at the time a candidate receives an offer of admission) and check the applicable fee structure.
If you have been granted aid, it will be reflected in your fee structure. Follow the instructions on the Portal to accept the offer and pay the first instalment of the fee (if applicable).
Click HERE to read our responses to COVID-19 related queries.
What is Ashoka University’s philosophy in awarding financial aid?
Ashoka University believes that the primary responsibility to bear the cost of the educational expenses of the student belongs with the family before the university grants financial aid. We expect that the family will consider various financial resources available to them, including current income, savings, investments, and education loans, to finance the expected educational cost. The financial aid grant provided by the university aims to bridge the gap between the cost of the programme and your ability to pay.
How is the financial aid assessed?
The financial aid given by Ashoka University is assessed solely on the basis of your family’s financial standing. It is not based on scholastic merit, sports qualifications, parent's occupation or any non-financial factors.
How much financial aid can I receive?
If you are eligible, you can receive anywhere from a 25% waiver on tuition to a full waiver on the total fee.
What if my parent/guardian is not required to file an ITR?
As per Income Tax Act of 1961, you are only exempt from filing an ITR if your total income is below INR 2,50,000. If you fall in this category, you will need to provide:
- an affidavit on a stamp paper, stating the gross annual income and the source(s) of income (if the earning member is self-employed)
- salary slips for the last six months/salary certificate from the employer (if the earning member is salaried)
My parent/guardian has two or more bank accounts. Will I be required to upload statements for all bank accounts?
Yes, you will be required to upload the statements of all bank account by converting them into PDF files of sizes under 2mb. Ensure that the resolution of the PDF is 200dpi. Alternatively, you can also attach a zip folder containing all the statements.
Do you offer financial aid for international students?
Yes, we do offer financial aid for international students.
However, if the international student is admitted to the university on partial or no financial aid, he/she is expected to manage their expenses, like travel (both local & international), medical etc. during their time at Ashoka University.
I am an International Student and we do not file Income Tax Returns in my country. What am I required to submit?
If you are an international student, you will be required to present any/all document(s) that you file with the government of your country that establishes the gross income and tax paid by individuals in your family or by the business owned and run by your family.
Can I submit the financial documents through email/post/in person?
No, you can only submit the financial documents through the financial aid form (refer to the Financial Aid Application Process)
Is there a different fee structure for Haryana Residents?
Haryana Resident students are eligible for a full or partial fee concession as per the Haryana Private Universities Act. However, this fee concession is subject to the submission of Haryana Residence Certificate. Please note that this benefit only valid at the time of admission. Ashoka University reserves the right to determine the percentage of fee concession.
To view a sample of the Financial Aid Application Form, click HERE.
For any queries not answered here, please write to email@example.com