With the purpose to foster research and provide support infrastructure for research in different fields, the University has instituted Individual Annual Research Grants. The internal grant covers expenses related to research and academic requirements of faculty. In addition to internal funding, the faculty at Ashoka University is expected to apply for extramural grants from national and international funding agencies.
RDO and many other offices across campus offer internal funding to help advance scholarly projects. The university has instituted Individual Annual Research Grants to support expenses related to research and academic requirements of members of the faculty.
To enable the new faculty members to get started with their research as quickly as possible, start-up grants are provided based on a proposal submitted by the new faculty member, and a presentation before the committee. Substantial grants are also provided for equipment necessary to sustain a new faculty member’s research for a couple of years, during which time the expectation is that the faculty member would raise grants from various other funding sources to continue their research.
New idea grants
- To seed research in new areas/motivate faculty to take up high-risk, high-reward research
- Funds for meetings, generate some preliminary data
Some potential extramural funding sources are described below:
- Natural Sciences: DBT, DST, ICMR, SERB, CSIR, India Alliance
- Social Sciences: ICSSR, Wellcome Trust, Azim Premji Foundation, International Growth Centre, CSRI, and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Arts and Humanities: Andrew-Mellon Foundation, EHESS
- International Collaborative Funding: IUSSTF, UKIERI, British Council, USIEF, CEFIPRA
- Academia-Industry linkages: BIRAC, TDB, GITA
- For Early Career Researchers: DBT/Wellcome Trust India Alliance ECF, SERB N-PDF