A prerequisite for all subsequent audio-visual media courses, students will learn to listen, watch and create audio-visual stories of their own. This includes an introduction to handling audio and video recording systems. From microphones to cameras, from scripting to storyboarding, from basic editing to possibly, working in the Production Control Room of news set up. Note: This is a mandatory course of the Media and Film Studies department
Learning outcomes: -
- Media Literacy on how to hear and watch media in the audio-visual format, separately and together
- Understanding basic camera Operation
- Lighting Technique
- Basic Audio-Video Editing tools like (Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition)
- Sound and video recording.
- Constructing an audio and audio-visual narrative from end to end - Mastering basic elements of storytelling from scripting to logging, from production to preview.