The YSP Online 2021 Experience
1. Faculty presentations – Academics and leaders from Ashoka University who have worked with some of the best universities and organizations across the world and set the absolute bar in their respective fields deliver presentations specifically designed for the Young Scholars Programme. It is an altogether different experience when a student learns from such professors who are conducting primary research in their fields too. Ranging from Economics, International Relations, Cryptography and Computer Science to History and LIterature – these presentations focus on broadening the horizons of learning and exploration for the students of the YSP.
2. Breakout Discussion Sessions with Ashokans – Learning can step into altogether a different gear once a conversation focused in a small group is fueled with diverse perspectives from students coming from very different backgrounds. To ensure that the students can engage in a more nuanced discussion, the YSP cohort will be divided into smaller groups in breakout sessions and the discussion further will be facilitated by Ashoka Undergraduate student counsellors.
3. Founder Talks – Ashoka University’s founders represent some of India’s leading institution builders entrepreneurs, academicians and industry stalwarts. This exclusive series of interactive sessions will give the YSP scholars an opportunity to have a closed group conversation with Ashoka Founders, like Dr. Pramath Raj Sinha, Vineet Gupta, Deep Kalra, Sanjeev Bikhchandani and more. A dedicated session with the Ashoka Admissions gives the young scholars a view into the process of applying to Ashoka University.
4. The Art of Writing – In a world where resumes of even the best of students are stacked up with similar marks and activities, it’s tough being inventive, creative and relevant, even when it comes to answering seemingly simple questions like, ‘Tell us something about yourself’. Writing as a skill is not just about what language you speak or how good your vocabulary is, but more about being able to realize who you are, where you come from and then being able to articulate your ideas in the best possible way.
Over the span of the YSP, the writing programme aims to develop creative and critical reading, thinking and writing skills that will help students engage with the world of ideas and enable them to develop and express their own ideas in a well-reasoned, lucid and engaging manner. Writing is taught through multiple lenses like memes, cartoons, poetry, storytelling, resumes, SOPs and more.
5. Online Experiential Activities – The YSP experience is incomplete without the plethora of activities that YSP scholars get to choose from and engage with on a daily basis. Every year we bring together a spectrum of artists and professionals with expertise in things that we like to call, skills for life. This gives the students an opportunity to pick up something that they had never thought they could do or rediscover sides of themselves that they had forgotten in the past. Some of these experiential activities include music, theatre, slam poetry, debating, negotiations and more.