Among the 9 laboratory practicals listed below students have to do a minimum of 6 to get full credit for this course.
- Study of the viscosity of the unknown liquid (glycerol, sugar) with respect to water.
- Verification of Beer and Lambert’s Law for KMnO4 and K2Cr2O7 solution.
- Solid-state synthesis of benzilic acid from benzil.
- Transesterification of vegetable oil to produce bio-diesel.
- Vanillin synthesis, Column chromatographic purification, and characterization.
- Spectroscopic study of DNA-ligand interaction and binding analysis.