We have an ongoing collaboration with AIIMS where we study and build simulators for neuroendoscopy skills training.
- A review of virtual reality simulators for neuroendoscopy. Britty Baby, Ramandeep Singh, Ashish Suri, Rohan Raju Dhanakshirur, Argha Chakraborty, Subodh Kumar, Prem Kumar Kalra, Subhashis Banerjee. Neurosurgical Review, Volume 43, pages 1255-1272, 2020.
Predicting development indicators using satellite imagery
We develop a set of machine learning based tools for accurate prediction of socio-economic indicators from daytime satellite imagery. The diverse set of indicators are often not intuitively related to observable features in satellite images, and are not even always well correlated with each other. Our predictive tool is more accurate than using night light as a proxy, and can be used to predict missing data, smooth out noise in surveys, monitor development progress of a region, and flag potential anomalies. December 2021. (https://arxiv.org/abs/2202.00109)
- Using satellites and artificial intelligence to measure health and material-living standards in India. Adel Daoud, Felipe Jordan, Makkunda Sharma, Sourabh Bikash Paul, Fredrik Johansson, Devdatt Dubhashi, Subhashis Banerjee.
- On monitoring development indicators using high resolution satellite images. Potnuru Kishen Suraj, Ankesh Gupta, Makkunda Sharma, Sourabh Bikas Paul, Subhashis Banerjee, December 2017. (https://arxiv.org/abs/1712.02282)
On large-scale 3D reconstruction
We look at large scale (city scale) 3D reconstruction from image collections.
Simultaneous Localisation and Mapping (SLAM) and Ego-motion
We briefly looked at some problems related to self-driving cars, in particular that of monocular SLAM and ego-motion.
- Batch based Monocular SLAM for Egocentric Videos. Suvam Patra, Kartikeya Gupta, Faran Ahmad, Chetan Arora, Subhashis Banerjee. IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), March 2019. (https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.05564,Video 1,Video 2)
- A Joint 3D-2D based method for free space detection on roads. Suvam Patra, Pranjal Maheshwari, Shashank Yadav, Chetan Arora, Subhashis Banerjee. IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), March 2018. (https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.02144,Video)
- Deep CNN with Color Lines model for unmarked road segmentation. Shashank Yadav, Suvam Patra, Chetan Arora, Subhashis Banerjee. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2017), Beijing, September 2017 (https://www.cse.iitd.ac.in/~suvam/camera_ready_2702.pdf)
- Computing Egomotion with Local Loop Closures for Egocentric Videos. Suvam Patra, Himanshu Aggarwal, Himani Arora, Chetan Arora, Subhashis Banerjee. IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), March 2017 (https://arxiv.org/abs/1701.04743)
On reliability of machine learning
We investigate reliability issues of machine learning, especially with respect to adversarial attacks.
- REGroup: Rank-aggregating Ensemble of Generative Classifiers for Robust Predictions. Lokender Tiwari, Anish Madan, Saket Anand, Subhashis Banerjee. IEEE/CVF Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), 2022. (https://openaccess.thecvf.com/content/WACV2022/papers/Tiwari_REGroup_Rank-Aggregating_Ensemble_of_Generative_Classifiers_for_Robust_Predictions_WACV_2022_paper.pdf)