The Entrepreneur in Residence Program
The objective of the EiR program is to provide a support platform for aspiring entrepreneurs at Ashoka University to nurture their business ideas in a university environment, having access to networks, mentors, and other fellow entrepreneurs.
Office of PR & Communications1 February, 2015 | 5 min read
The Entrepreneur in Residence is an exciting 5-month program that allows Fellows and undergraduate alumni to stay back on Campus after graduation, work on their entrepreneurial idea and take it to a fundable business plan stage. Through this process the entrepreneur is supported by the Centre and matched with a mentor. This program also provides access to world class content on venture development and business planning. Apart from this, being an Entrepreneur in Residence at Ashoka gives the alumni various perks like the privilege to stay on campus free of cost along with a stipend to work on their own venture! The objective of this program is to provide a support platform for aspiring entrepreneurs at Ashoka University to nurture their business ideas in a university environment, having access to networks, mentors and other fellow entrepreneurs. Application Process and FAQ’s: What is the Entrepreneur in Residence Program? What is its objective? An exciting 5-month program for Ashoka University alumni that allows them to stay on campus and work on their entrepreneurial ideas. The entrepreneur is supported by the Centre and has a mentor assigned to them so they can take their ideas to a fundable business plan stage. You not only stay on campus for free but also get paid to work on your own venture. 1. How is it different from similar incubators?
- Weekly telephone updates with the EiR team of mentors
- Monthly performance review with the EiR board
- Regular evaluations at various stages of the program
- Contact classes by renowned faculty
- Demo day – Final idea presentation
2. What kind of startups can participate? As long as you can provide a proof-of-concept you can apply at any stage in your startup. 3. Who can apply ? Any alumni of Ashoka University is eligible to apply for the program. 4. What are the program offerings?
- Access to world class content on venture development and business planning.
- Access to investors and mentors (Experienced entrepreneurs and faculty).
- Scholarships up to Rs. 15,000/- awarded to deserving ideas.
- Access to co-working spaces.
- Optional accommodation on campus.
5. What is the application procedure?
- Online application can be filled here: https://ashokaprogram.typeform.com/to/MOsXif
- Interview with panel
6. Do I have to stay on campus? You only need to be present for the contact classes. Apart from that one can stay on/off campus as per their convenience. 7. What are the program expectations?
- Full-time commitment to the program.
- Willingness to travel for contact sessions with industry experts.
- Contribute and assist in strengthening the Ashoka startup ecosystem.
8. What is the application timeline? The tentative dates for the program every year are as follows:
- Application Deadline: 31st March
- Interviews: April second week
- Cohort Begins: 20th July
- Cohort Closure/Demo Day: 15th December