Code of Conduct
In our aim to create an empowering and stimulating environment for our students, Ashoka University is committed to providing students with a safe and comfortable stay on campus. The University expects full cooperation from students in this regard. Students are expected to read and familiarise themselves well with the Guidelines, Rules and Regulations as stated below:
- Every student of the University is subject to and must submit to the discipline of the University and abide by its rules and disciplinary policies.
- Please be aware that all Ashoka University rules and regulations are applicable in both the online and offline context.
- Non-compliance with the rules and regulations could result in disciplinary action.
- The University Campus is a Smoke-free, Alcohol-free and Drug-free zone. As per Haryana State Laws, any use of intoxicants, drugs or alcohol is illegal on the University premises.
- Any sexual/other misconduct or harassment is a serious offence under the University Policy against Sexual Harassment.
- Ragging in any form is prohibited in the University. Violation of this rule shall attract severe punishment including summary dismissal.
- No individual or organization may use the University’s name, logos, restricted images, or other identifiers (“marks”), or any marks that suggest Ashoka University or any department, school or centre of Ashoka University except to the extent such individual or organization has been authorized by the proper University officials or as permitted under trademark law. The Pro-Vice-Chancellor of the University is responsible for the general oversight and administration of the University’s trademark policies.
- The use of the seal of the University on publications, manufactured articles, and the like is prohibited, except when specifically authorized by the University. Applications for such authorization must be made to the Registrar of the University.
- Ashoka University students are expected to behave in a manner that is appropriate to the University setting. This includes responsible conduct in Classrooms and the Library. While there is no dress code on campus, students are expected to maintain an appearance that is in consonance with the ethos of an educational institution.
- Use of mobile phones is prohibited in the Library and Classrooms unless permitted by the instructor. Sleeping is also prohibited in the Library and Classrooms.
- Students are expected to be mindful and sensitive while making most of the facilities and resources on campus to avoid any wastage or damage. They are encouraged to take ownership of these resources and facilities and be responsible for their conservation and protection.
- Students will be held responsible for any act of vandalism, damage and destruction of public property such as furniture, fixtures, or built structures caused by them within the Campus. They shall compensate for the damage caused.
Note: Kindly refer to the policy documents available on the Resources page and myAshoka portal for more details.