YSP Sciences- FAQs
- What is the Young Scholars Programme-Sciences?
Young Scholars Programme-Sciences (YSP-Sciences) is an extension of the general Young Scholars Programme (YSP), a unique summer programme organised by Ashoka University, Sonipat. YSP-Sciences participants will get the exposure to different Science disciplines including Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science etc., through faculty presentations, extensive hands-on activities in the science labs, group activities, discussion sessions, science games, quizzes and more learning through fun.
- How do you apply for the Young Scholars Programme – Sciences (YSP-Sciences)?
YSP and YSP-Sciences have the same application form; you need to show your interest in the YSP-Sciences through the YSP’22 form.
- Is YSP-Sciences an online or offline event?
YSP-Sciences is a five-day programme to be held in person at Ashoka Campus.
- What are the dates of the YSP-Sciences?
YSP-Sciences will be organised from May 30 to June 3, 2022.
- These dates are not likely to change.
- What are the charges for the YSP-Sciences?
- YSP-Sciences Fee- INR 40,000
- If selected, the student has to pay the full fees to secure their spot.
- YSP Course Fee is INR 25,000; this needs to be paid separately
- What does the programme fee include?
YSP-Sciences Fee is inclusive of the programme fee, stationary, resource material, accommodation and meal expenses.
- Can a student choose to apply only for YSP-Sciences?
YSP-Sciences is open to only those who have participated in the general YSP. The participants will be selected from the general YSP class.
- Is scholarship/financial-aid available?
Yes, need-based financial aid is available.
- How does one apply for financial-aid?
The financial aid section is available on the online application form. Please visit the application portal to register and receive an application ID. This section can be accessed after filling the first section of the YSP application form. You can then continue to fill in the details required to avail financial aid in the application form and submit the completed application form.
- How is students’ financial need assessed for financial aid?
The application for financial aid is part of the online application to the Young Scholars Programme. Students who apply for aid will have to submit the required documents as mentioned in the form for need-based evaluation of financial aid.
- What is the Programme Schedule?
Please refer to the YSP-Science website (To be Updated Soon!).
- What is the last day for making the payment?
3 business days after you receive your YSP offer.
- Who are YSP-Sciences Mentors?
Faculties from Ashoka University, who are experts in their relevant fields will be mentors in YSP-Sciences.
- What are the criteria for selection for the YSP – Sciences at Ashoka?
The application will be evaluated on the basis of your academic performance (your mark sheet/s), the essay to be written as part of the application and co-curricular activities reflects the same. However, we always look for students who are open and curious about learning new things.
- Is it mandatory for Grade XI and XII students to have science specialisation?
No, students from Grade IX to XII, with any background (not necessarily with any Science background) with an interest in Science can participate in YSP-Sciences.
- Are students appearing for their Class 12 board examinations in 2022 eligible for the programme?
This year students who are appearing for their Class 12 board examinations in 2022 are eligible for both YSP 2022 and YSP-Sciences.
- Is there a waitlist?
Yes, there is a waitlist. Students who are on the waitlist will be informed, and as vacancies open up, they will be contacted for admission.
- How will the candidates be notified about their admission decision?
Candidates will be notified about the admission decision via their registered email. YSP staff actively monitor all emails and respond with the required information promptly.
- Do we get a certificate for the YSP-Sciences?
Yes, students will be given a certificate on successful completion of the programme, provided all sessions are attended and there has been desirable participation by the student. Upon receipt of your certificate, please save it securely for your use later on, however, if you happen to lose it, a second copy of the certificate will be provided which will be chargeable for a sum of INR 500/- Rupees.
- Will attending the YSP-Sciences increase my chances of admission to the undergraduate programme at Ashoka University?
Attending the YSP- Sciences programme will give you an insight on liberal arts & sciences education and the Ashoka pedagogy, along with a campus tour. This will surely help you explore your interests and assist you in submitting the undergraduate application form at Ashoka University. However, this does not guarantee admission to the Ashoka UG programme.
- Are there any terms and conditions/code of conduct for the programme?
Yes, all YSP student participants will have to accept terms and conditions that will include:
- Being responsible and ethical netizens.
- Sensitive & committed to learning .
- No use of offensive language on any platform.
- The YSP Code of Conduct will be sent to all admitted students who will need to sign before they start the programme.
- Will I have to attend all the sessions?
YSP is a very engaging programme, attending each session will add value to your learning and knowledge across various topics and also help later in college applications and making informed choices. Hence, attendance and participation are strongly advised for a meaningful experience and to obtain the programme certificate.
There will be few parallel sessions running at the same time. For this, students will attend the session based on their interest.
- What is the refund policy?
- From the evening before the commencement of the programme: NIL.
- Up to seven days before the commencement of the programme: 75% of the fees will be deducted.
- Up to fifteen days before the commencement of the programme: 50% of the fees will be deducted.
- Up to twenty-one days before the commencement of the programme: 25% of the fees will be deducted.
* All refunds will be processed after / within 30 days of the completion of the programme. This refund will be assessed on a case by case basis, and ONLY in case of a clash with the national or state boards. In such cases, the date-sheet will need to be provided, following which the refund will be permitted
- Will there be any transportation arranged for students who will attend YSP-Sciences from outside Delhi NCR / Haryana ? If yes, please share the details.
Yes, Ashoka University will arrange pick-up and drop-off to New Delhi Airport and the railway station will be based on request.
- Can the guardians of the students accompany them? If yes, are they allowed inside the campus?
Guardian are welcome to drop-off their child but not allowed to stay overnight on campus.
- Do I need to carry any ID or document to enter the campus?
Yes, you need to have any valid School/Government issued ID card.
- During the 5-day stay on Ashoka campus, once the everyday schedule gets over in the evening, are the participants allowed to go out of the campus, as there might be some security concerns?
- Is double-vaccination mandatory for participants?
Students must have received at least 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before they arrive on campus. At the time of entry into the University Campus, temperature and SpO2 screening will be held at the main gate and students must also provide proof of vaccination.
- Keeping the COVID situation in mind, will the participants stay in single accommodation or on a sharing basis?
The students coming to campus have already received at least one dose of vaccination and keeping in mind the peer learning aspect, they are provided a twin sharing accommodation.
- In case of a medical emergency, is there any medical facility or hospital available on or near the campus?
The Ashoka Campus houses an Infirmary for basic health care support along with an Ambulance in case of Medical Emergencies.